This recipe is dedicated to my good friend EP, who loves cake and banana bread as much as me, and I love her.
She’s also a much better person than I am and manages to be vegan. But sadly saving the planet can make banana bread eating a little problematic.
So I made these Vegan Banana Bread Blondies because decent people deserve cake.
Vegan Banana Bread Blondies
- 200 g mashed banana
- 100 g apple puree (Or another 100g banana)
- 60 g cashew butter (Or other nut butter)
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds (30g)
- 100 g soya/ dairy-free yogurt
- 100 ml nut milk (I use cashew)
- 65 g coconut flour
- 65 g oats
- 25 g protein powder or flour gluten free if necessary (I use pea protein powder)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 g truvia or sweetener
- Chocolate chips (Optional) I use pieces of ombar
Pre-heat the oven to 190C.
Grind the chia seeds using a pestal and mortar or in a blender. Then mix with 6 tbsp water and leave aside for 15 minutes (whilst you prep everything else).
Mash banana and add the cashew butter and apple sauce (or extra banana).
Next add the sweetener, cashew butter and yogurt and mix.
Add the flours, protein if using, oats, baking soda and cinnamon and combine.
Lastly, add the cashew milk and mix thoroughly. Mix in the chocolate or save and add to the top once it's in the tray.
Pour into a lined baking tray and bake for 17-20 mins until golden and a skewer test comes out clean.