Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, low calorie.
- 330 grams Pumpkin Puree*
- 60 grams Almond Butter (or other nut butter)
- 80 grams Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 50 ml Almond Milk
- 100 grams Yogurt (I use dairy-free)
- 80 grams Cacao Powder
- 25 grams Coconut Flour
- 65 grams Rolled Oats
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 80 grams Sweetener (I use Truvia)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
Preheat the oven to 190C.
In a bowl whisk the egg and add the sweetener and apple sauce and mix well.
Then add the pumpkin, almond butter and yogurt and mix.
Next add all the dry ingredients (oats, coconut flour, cacao powder and baking soda) and mix thoroughly, adding the almond milk gradually. I only add a little baking soda to this recipe because it gives a fudgier texture.
Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and pour in the mixture, making sure it’s even and level.
Then bake for 17-20 minutes, add a few minutes for more well done brownies and be prepared to adjust for your particular oven.
- *Pumpkin Puree can be subbed for cooked beetroot (blend in blender until smooth) or Butternut Squash Puree.
- **You can sub the cacao powder for chocolate protein powder if you would like protein powder, I have tried this and it works the same.