Rhubarb and ginger go together unbelievable well. I would love to say I found this out dining out at a cool eatery – but actually, I just had some rhubarb and ginger gin, and now I cannot get enough of the the flavours (and the gin).
Rhubarb and Ginger Cookies
- 100 g oats
- 65 g coconut flour
- 110 g unsweetened apple purée
- 1 egg or 1 egg replacer/chia egg
- 100 g sukrin gold or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour can use plain/wholewheat/gf flour or protein powder
- 100 g rhubarb canned or fresh (see notes for fresh)
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50 ml almond milk
Pre-heat the oven to 185C
Mix the egg (or equivalent) and sugar.
Then add all the other ingredients and mix to form a dough like mixture. Add the rhubarb last and mix through lightly, leaving chunks.
Line a baking tray and take tablespoon sized amounts and make cookie shapes on the baking paper.
Bake for 15 minutes.
If using fresh rhubarb (which is preferable) bake it in the oven at a low heat for 20 mins or steam it for 10 mins and then lightly mash.