I am totally in love with spring. I forget every year how much I love it. The blossom, the sun and the long evenings have me in a constant good mood and totally inspired.
I am very temperature sensitive and therefore I spend most of winter too cold and summer too hot. Spring = perfect for me. It also makes me want to make fresh, yummy cakes like this one.
Lemon and ginger is such a classic combination. It works in savoury dishes, such as curries and stir-frys, it makes for a great hot tea, and also it works beautifully in a cake it turns out.
I really like this recipe as an Easter/spring bake because the flavours are subtle but sweet and quite refreshing.
Lemon and Ginger Loaf
Sweet and subtle – the perfect cake to take to a spring party.
- 100 g Oats
- 100 g Buckwheat flour
- 50 g Miss fit nutrition vanilla protein ((2 sachets, or other plain/vanilla protein or sub for more flour))
- 100 g Yogurt ((soya/coconut))
- 100 g Unsweetened apple sauce
- 30 g Maple syrup (agave/ honey)
- 100 ml Almond milk
- 120 g Egg white
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Grated ginger root
- 2 tsp Ginger powder
- 50 g Truvia or sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 185C.
- Mix the wet ingredients and then add the all the dry ingredients (incl lemon zest and ginger). Combine thoroughly.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- When cooled, I brushed with maple syrup for a sweet glaze