Imagine the Caribbean crossed with a warm hug… that is what this dish is. It is the ultimate comfort food, but with a twist.
Plus, it will not leave you feeling and heavy and lethargic and can be enjoyed all year round.
Healthy Fish Pie
- 100 g Fish Pie Mix*
- 200 g Butternut Squash
- 100 g Mushroom
- 50 g Courgette
- 100 ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Flour or Cornstarch
- Grated Cheese (optional, I use @eatleancheese)
- Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Chop the vegetables.
- Sauté the mushroom and courgette and added fish pie mix, coconut milk, basil, garlic and black pepper.
- Simmer the mix for 5-10 minutes and then add flour or cornstarch to thicken.
- Then pour into a baking dish and top with steamed and mashed butternut squash and some cheese if you fancy.
- Put in the oven at 200C for 10 mins!
*Fish pie mix, is chopped mix fish from the supermarket. You could alternatively buy any fish, chop and add.
I use pea protein instead of flour or cornstarch to thicken the sauce and add some extra macros.