I love dinner parties and having big family meals. The best way to eat family style is with something that everyone can tuck into and that doesn’t require a lot of time away from the party and in the kitchen.
I’ve also been trying out this Manomasa tortilla chips and they’re fantastic to dip in and let everyone enjoy. They come in so many flavours but the chipotle and lime went particularly well with these deep Mexican mole flavours!
Perfect for the slow cooker (but can be done without)
- 400 g chicken thigh or breast (boneless)
- 1 tin chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- 2 tsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped or powder)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp gara masala
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Fresh coriander
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Alternatively sauté the onion in a saucepan and then add the chicken. In a separate bowl, mix the chopped tomato, water and spices, add to the onion and chicken and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.